Tuesday, November 12, 2013

And Then There Was This One Weirdo...

Seeing as I'm new to the blog, I figured I would introduce myself. My name is Kelli Zeien and I've been piercing professionally for just under 4 years now. I'm currently piercing out of Sinister Productions Tattoo Studio in Mt. Pleasant, MI.

This past summer was the first time I was fortunate enough to attend the Association of Professional Piercers Annual Conference in Las Vegas, NV. I went an extremely roundabout way of getting myself there, moving to good 'ol Sin City the day after Christmas in 2012. It was all worth it. I met a good amount of the piercers I talk to all the time online, colleagues that I look up to, and I even got to meet a celebrity while we were paying tribute to Shannon Larratt through the Cyborgs blood portrait. And, of course, got my learn on every day!

Shortly after Conference, I moved back to my hometown to restart my piercing career. I refused to get back into the industry, despite so many telling me to just cave and buy the cheap crap, until I could guarantee that I would only use the best jewelry and supplies in order to offer my clients the best piercing experience possible. In the end, my persistence paid off as I now offer the best piercing service in the Central Michigan area!

I've pierced in a number of different states, including Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and Nevada. I tend to be a bit of a nomad, making friends out of coworkers wherever I go, which has resulted in my group of friends being spread all around the country. I'm extremely talkative, especially if someone brings up the subject of body modification. Good luck getting me to shut up if you ever happen to be one of those poor souls!

Now that you probably know more about me than you actually wanted or needed to, I hope this becomes a sound source for anyone interested in piercing/body modification/what we actually do at work and the industry as a whole (because god knows that none of us pierce nearly as much as we'd like to). We aim to make this yet another source to help everyone stay forever learning. And who knows, maybe we'll learn a thing or two from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment